Not long ago, I tried to post a thank-you and feedback to the developers of SyncToy, but the Microsoft web site crashed in my IE 6.x browser. After 3 attempts I gave up. I kept the list and I've decided to post it here in case it might inspire other developers, too.
Here's the content of my attempted post:
Nice work and kudos to the team!
Here are my thoughts on some additional features needed to make this suitable for power-user or enterprise clients:
- Pause button to allow pause/restart sync process
- Show bytes transferred and, if possible, estimated bytes remaining
- Show elapsed time, and if possible, estimated time remaining.
- on the first two items above, I at least need to know what was moved and how long it took
- A log of all syncs with date time, operation, bytes, and duration
- Ability to copy & print logs
- Ability to rename synchronizations and to reuse a sync rule with other destinations.
- Ability to schedule syncs or trigger by presence of media from within SyncToy
- When I file sync fails, for example, due to a long file name, explain why, so I can fix the problem
- If possible, I'd like to see a log of successful syncs, in addition to errors
Again, no complaints. Nice work. please notify of next release