So, I'm thinking about getting a new smart phone. My initial motivation was to find a phone with EVDO Rev A capability to speed up my use of PDANet. My tests with the Treo 700p and EVDO found it to be a worthwhile productivity upgrade.
This an opportunity to revisit the Palm vs Windows Mobile decision. Whatever I decide, I don't want to lose the functionality I presently enjoy
I sat down tonight to make a list of things that the vendors would have me believe that I can do with a Windows Mobile device:
- Hardware options from several vendors
- Notes Database integration (I use iAnywhere & mNotes suites)
- Possibly more RAM than I have on my Treo
- Promise of more supported business applications
- Multitasking between applications
- GPS Integration on some models
- Talk and use data features concurrently (some networks)
- Pocket VPN Client for major firewalls
- Skype IM
- SameTime IM
- And most important to me: EVDO Rev A.