In nine chapters, Norling provides an excellent overview of how to study history. While all of the chapters contained valuable information, I found chapter four (What Can We Really Know About History?) and six (The Role of Ideas in History) most interesting.
- Why Study History At All?
- How to Study History
- Things Always Change: But Always Remain the Same
- What Can We Really Know About History?
- Is History the Work of Great Men?
- The Role of Ideas in History
- How Organizations Influence History
- Economic and Technological Factors in History
- Man and His Physical Environment