As I reflect on the past and think about what I want to accomplish in 2007, I decided to make a list of some of the things that I enjoy about my work and about working from home.
Some obvious aspects that I enjoy are the ability to follow my interests, choose my clients (that's a big one) and my work, and work from home.
Here are a few more ...
Twenty-five things I like about my work:
• It's my opportunity use my God-given talents in work I enjoy
• I get to work with the latest gear, gadgets, and technology
• I have a quick commute to the office (30 seconds, down the stairs)
• I work with a group of highly talented and creative people
• I get to spend 2-3 hours a day studying technology and business
• I do not have to travel often; I can do most of my work from home
• When I discover a better way of doing things, clients reward me
• I can support my wife in homeschooling our children
• I can be as selective in choosing my clients as they are about me
• I have a beautiful corner office with windows
• My clients know my the names of my wife and children
• I rarely miss a meal with my family because I had to work late
• My clients are some of the nicest and most interesting people
• I don’t need a key to the executive washroom
• I can develop my ideas in my own computer lab and machine shop
• It's an opportunity to model professionalism in front of my children
• I can take my daughters to work with me whenever I want
• Many of my clients have become friends, too.
• I only have to wear a suit when I want to
• I can observe my children at school, anytime I want
• I have a reserved parking spot
• My wife does not mind if I flirt with my children’s teacher
• My clients appreciate my work and they pay me very well
• I can experience work as a calling, an opportunity to serve others
• I can kiss my wife or hug my children anytime I want
What do you like about your work?