What it would take to make me YABHTU
- Convertible format
- High screen resolution (I 'd like to have 1400x1050)
- Fast processor, Low power mode (Intel Dothan?)
- Fast video for document management/imaging/demos
- Excellent support for simultaneous external monitor
- Very fast hard drive, 60 gigabytes minimum
- 1-2 gigabytes of RAM
- Wireless 802.11 abg, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, LAN, Modem, Dock
- Reliable hardware; excellent service available, when needed.
- Excellent TabletPC OS driver and utility support
- Internal Dual-layer DVD-RW Drive
- Option for second battery pack. (trade-off of weight vs battery)
- Option to have nothing in the drive bay to lighten things up.
- Optional indoor/outdoor wide view screen (XGA model only)
- FireWire support
- Free scanner, free shipping, I can have it soon. :-)
- The Fujitsu weighs 22.75 lbs. (OK, Just Kidding)
- Slower hard drive, no high-speed option.
- I'm not sure if shared-memory video card is better than the M200
- Dual mic array vs triple mic array
- I still have to wait 10 days from order. :-(
UPDATE 1: Marc and James, over at the the Tablet PC show, just posted a link to this review. Perhaps they will have more to say on their next show.
UPDATE 2: I just spent an hour reviewing posts on the T4010D at Tablet PC buzz. Looks like I need to choose between XGA wide angle indoor/outdoor vs SXGA plain vanilla. It seems like the wide angle would be important when writing with the Tablet on a desktop. Likewise, in brightly lit rooms, the indoor/outdoor option might be the way to go. Ahh choices, choices. Why can't I have it all?